Wednesday 25 January 2012

to move or not to move




My paintings in the series "The Child Within' have the look

and feel of a family snap-shot.

when I was designing 'Double Trouble' and 'Here Comes Trouble'

I did consider having the kids running towards the pelicans,







                                           or trying to 'shoo' them away.







Double Trouble
Jo-Ann Hunt©
H112x112cm
H44x44ins
sold
but in the end I decided to stay with that

frozen moment in time when you realize

you may be out of your depth....

it's decision time....they're a lot bigger

and less predictable than you think....

and I went with the snapshot format.











sketch in red biro....
on scrap paper....
when an idea strikes I just grab whatever is at hand!

\


in looking back over all my figurative paintings, I've noticed something.

I think I like a certain 'calmness' in my work....

my figures seem to have an air of deliberation or thoughtfulness .....

I don't paint action-figures....what's the opposite?

.....I paint 'stillness'.

it's the headspace of the subject that interests me.

any psycho-analysts out there?




                                             :)     Jo   x











.

No comments:

Post a Comment