Wednesday 3 December 2014

....Perth...Western Australia....



Peter Pan ....by George Frampton, 1929
Queens Gardens, East Perth








two rabbits at the base of  the George Frampton 'Peter Pan '
look, there's even a little snail!


this squirrel made me homesick for my dog!


Perth, glorious, beautiful, stunning Perth.

I've just come back from a way-too-quick trip to Perth to catch up with my son.

wow I love this city.

the beaches are sensational, the views around the Swan River,

Fremantle and its historical buildings...and no traffic!

the city has soul and it is human-scaled.



police on horses in the mall

Friday Night Noodle Market
the waca 
at City Beach....with my kids :)

floor to ceiling windows make the trip to the ladies a real treat....
...Indiana Restaurant, Cottlesloe 


I love it! wondering if I could live there and cope with the heat.

hmmmm  :)

and the art....did I mention the public art....it is everywhere ...

and so approachable, entertaining and totally beguiling.

not too many pretensions here!


a little tourist with 'Kangaroos on the Terrace'
Stirling Gardens
St Georges Terrace ,Perth

'Kangaroos on the Terrace'
Joan Walsh-Smith and Charles Smith
1997

a tourist family in front of the big one.
Kangaroos on the Terrace.....there's a mob of 5

'Kangaroos on the Terrace'.....
fascinating to watch people interact with these life-size lovelies!

....now I need to get back to work.....
....my exhibition deadline is looming and I've still so much to do!

                    Jo   :)

view of Perth from Kings Park


.

No comments:

Post a Comment