Wednesday 18 February 2015

...the uglies....

this is on my easel....



and also this...

Paintings always go through an 'ugly' stage.

It's often difficult to plough on to rectify the situation,  and I'm frequently

very tempted to just smother the mess with a new layer of paint and to

start over. When my works get to this point, I know to take a photo

and down brushes and head out of the studio. Usually when I return

I can work out the steps to move forward.

But not always!

Somethimes I just park the painting in a corner, knowing that sooner

or later I will be able to make the decision to continue or to change

to a new idea and start afresh.


My studio conpanion is always totally oblivious to my dilemma.

Oh well.....back to the job.....I've got some uglies to rescue!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment