Monday 28 March 2011

Do you hanker?


'Market Day Delivery'
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush' Series
H127x36cm
H50x14ins
Acrylic on Canvas
xxxx




'Market Day Delivery' was inspired by stories told to me by my lovely mother-in-law.



on market days, she said, people in her village in Italy would lower a basket from their window to the street below, with their order and money for their fruit and veg.
the farmer/ travelling merchant would load the basket with the pomodoro, olive oil, radicchio,
whatever was ordered, and then go on their way.



I hanker for the 'good-old-days'  when life was simple and you could sleep with your door open,
 and leave money on the step under the milk bottles.
I know....I know.... no washing machines, no phones, no dishwashers, no internet.



but I still hanker.
I even hanker for the loss of the word 'hanker'.


do you hanker?





Detail
'Market Day Delivery'
Jo-Ann Hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment