Tuesday 29 March 2011

U-Boats and Beaches

Sorrento, Victoria
late Spring 2010



Some months back I took a day-trip to Sorrento, a favourite haunt just one hours drive from home. the day was remarkable for two things.




Remarkable Fact no 1 ....


 
I saw a submarine in the bay. excitedly I pointed this out to some elderly ( or middle-aged, or mature, or fully-grown, or ripened...whatever you fancy is politically correct) tourists happily snapping photos of the pier, the sand, the trees, everything but this torpedo shape slicing quietly through the water.

'jah, ooh-boat, oooh-boat' he said in his heavy russian/germanic accent, looking at me , puzzled.

obviously submarines in his part of the world are an everyday occurrence.........first time I've ever seen one in Port Phillip! 










Remarkable Fact no 2....








photographed with friends, same day,  at the beach, this shot has become the catalyst for a whole new series of paintings ....my 'Small Works' ....which I hope to spotlight on ths blog.




it was such a perfect day....
she just didn't want to go home.....




'Mummy, Wait'
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Small Works ... Summer' Series
H30x30cm
H12x12ins
Acrylic on Canvas
xxxx









and neither did her brother..... 





'Let's Go'
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Small Works ...Summer' Series
H25x30cm
H10x12ins
Acrylic on Canvas
xxxx







and to tell you the obvious....neither did I !

Jo xx








No comments:

Post a Comment