Sunday 14 August 2011

Sea Change



Restaurant by the Sea
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt

 



Like many people, I've always been drawn to the sea.



I can't imagine a life inland....to me summer means the beach, with hot sand and cool turquoise water... and winter means grey skies and choppy grey seas, with whitecaps disappearing to the horizon.
....the heady scent of salt water and seaweed is my favourite perfume, the feel of wet sand between my toes my favourite massage.




so I don't think it was surprizing that in 2006, my first sea -village painting appeared, quickly followed by others.





Island Carnival
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush' Series
H122x122cm
H48x48ins
Acrylic on Canvas
2006
sold






some of my happiest memories involve the beach, boats, fishing and saltwater..... both here in Australia and in many parts of the world.








Restaurant by the Sea
 Jo-Ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush' Series
H122x137cm
H48x54ins
Acrylic on Canvas
2006
sold




I've always wanted to make that seachange....so I guess it's only natural that if I couldn't have the real thing, I would paint it.




Restaurant by the Sea
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt







what about you?
how drawn are you to the sea?
can you see yourself making a seachange?



....see you there!





                                                                                                  Jo x








.

No comments:

Post a Comment