Thursday 2 August 2012

Family Ties......






I've been very successful at avoiding much of the bad news on the airwaves, 

and I think I've restored a little creative equilibrium to my battered psyche.

...and I've even managed to catch highlights of some Olympic events!




but sadly for me I didn't manage to see or photograph my Exhibition

in its entirety before two paintings went to their new homes.




I went to the gallery on Sunday, and the two larger paintings were gone!

I mean I am delighted, really really happy that someone loves my work 

enough to want it on their walls, with their family, in their personal space.

normally this is a very good thing, it cheers me up and spurs me on

 back to the studio.....highfiving the clouds and patting myself on the back!

but for some reason I've had  trouble letting these two go.

I put a lot of heart and soul into these, and I think they show

the vulnerability of childhood....

and probably reflect the vulnerability that I was feeling.


'Family Ties'
Jo-Ann Hunt©
'The Child Within' Series
H122x122cm
H48x48ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold





kids are our most precious resource.

and family ties are the breath that gives this resource its life.


'Family Ties'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©



'Family faces are magic mirrors. 
Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, the present and future.'

Gail Lumet Buckly



she has such a knowing look, this little tacker.....contented, self-assured,

and slightly bemused.

she reminds me of someone! still trying to figure out who!



                                                   Jo   x







.


No comments:

Post a Comment