Saturday 28 July 2012

the wisdom of Leunig's duck







My emotions these past weeks are seesawing from north to south.

it seems that there is so much violence and hurt and bad news around.....

Colorado, Syria, government waste and incompetence and inaction and lies,

huge job losses in so many industries,

and then there are stories of kindness, and strength,

and committment to excellence, and discovery, and doing your best.

I've found it difficult to keep my head-space in the positive

and to keep painting.

I think I'll not watch or listen to the news for a while.

I think I'll give my creativity some room to breathe.

Leunig has nailed it today....


Faster...higher...stronger
Leunig cartoon... "The Age' newspaper...today....28-07-12



 


detail....Leunig cartoon...The Age ...28-07-12.






                                     three cheers for the duck!  
                                                                       
                                                                             Jo  x









ps: update on the 'Wild Ducks' and their hunt for a new home.....
they flew off shortly after....wisely me thinks....
and haven't been back since....a pity.....but smart choice! 
three more cheers for ducks!




.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment