Sunday 1 July 2012

Canterbury Art Exhibition 2012 ...part 2



actual sky colour....I know ......I didn't believe it myself !
but undoctored photo straight from my trusty pentax!





As I've mentioned before, I have a real predilection for artwork that is all

about the 'mark-making'....the quality of the brushwork or line work.  

 ...its the inherent energy, the loose gestural quality, the scratchiness,


 the 'character' of the mark..... 


yes, it's the personality of the actual marks on the canvas that appeals to me.



this is a perfect way to start your day......
with a painting by Mitch Vane 



that's why when I saw  this stunning tiny canvas by Melbourne illustrator

Mitch Vane at the Canterbury Art Exhibition 


it had to come home with me!


Mitch Vane
'Peace Offering'
H12.5x12.5cm
H5x5ins

I love the sketchiness, the simplicity, the humour of her drawings,

and the quirkiness behind her ideas.

and it cheers me up!

for a bigger dose of Mitch Vane's humour and her delightful paintings

and illustrations , visit her web page  right here.

and whilst you browse, I'm off and back to my brushes!



                               Jo x





.

No comments:

Post a Comment