Friday 3 May 2013

2013 Canterbury Art Exhibition.....

Update: 
a big thankyou to the lovely people who purchased my paintings....I really appreciate that you've chosen my painting to be a part of your life and your home, and also to the very encouraging, heartwarming comments from people. I feel honoured when my artwork makes that connection.....looking forward to seeing you at next year's exhibition..... 


www.canterburyart.com





The 2013 Canterbury Art Exhibition opens tonight.

They have excelled in the promotion of this event

with two hybrid, luxury Lexus cars, donated by the events sponsor,

Blackburn Lexus, and artistically illustrated by the young students

at Canterbury Primary School, being  driven around Melbourne.



Canterbury Art Exhibition Lexus



It's gorgeous....I want a car patterned like this!

I have a huge weakness for children's art.....I wrote a thesis on

the Developmental Stages of chidren's art when I was at college.....

and I couldn't believe it when I saw one of these cars parked

at the local shops.


just a few little drawings .....






ride bikes not cars!





More than 580 students have drawn their own environmental 

message into a hexagon shape....all in texta-colours....are you cringing!!!







I especially love the beguiling little black birds under the handle,


fly little bird.....


and around the headlights......



Canterbury Art Exhibition 2013


....hope you can get along to see the exhibition, it always showcases

some great contemporary artworks and you can check out their website

to see what I've been up to!   and if you are really lucky you may

catch sight of these mobile works-of-art parked outside!






                                 Jo  x






.

No comments:

Post a Comment