Friday 30 August 2013

Gladstone .... from the Lookout






Gladstone.....550 km north of Brisbane,

home to the Port of Gladstone, exporting coal,

 alumina, cement products and liquefied natual gas (LNG)

Taking the advice of the motel manageress, on arrival I immediately

hot-footed it up to the Lookout.     What a surprize!

I wasn't expecting to to see that Gladstone is beautiful.

it's obviously a town of heavy industry...dirty industries...

 mostly mining-related, but the view from the lookout

of some of the 14 off-shore islands, shows how stunning the area is.

I know many of the new-locals don't see it that way,

and I can't  help think of how it must have been 100 years ago,

before all the development, and 'progress' of the 'mining boom',

but with the sun setting over the marina and Port,

and a warm balmy evening approaching, I'm impressed.










I have a couple of days planned to visit some coastal holiday-hotspots,

and  I'm  so looking forward to the tour of the APLNG  construction site.

and warm weather .....and warm sea water!

         
                               Jo  :)



.

No comments:

Post a Comment