Wednesday 9 April 2014

'Mates' no 2......





For a change of pace , I'm posting a painting from 2011..... a small one.

I sometimes do these just to give me a jolt,

to keep my hand and eye 'in the groove', or to recharge my batteries.

I first wrote about the reasons behind my 'Small Works' series 

back in July, 2012.

'Mates'  no 2
detail


You can see some of my other 'Small Works' by clicking on the Headings

 link at the left  under 'Topics and Other Babble'

Painting on a large scale is demanding.....the constant pacing up to the easel,

back to the wall, to the palette, to the canvas, back to the wall.

I walk miles!

There are a lot more brushstrokes in a large painting, and because

I paint intuitively, without much planning or detailed forethought,

there are a million decisions to be made on the go.

Truthfully I find it quite mentally exhausting!

so to vary my routine......and they say 'a change is as good as a holiday'

.....I sometimes 'paint small'

Not always is bigger better!


'Mates'  no 2
Jo-Ann Hunt ©
'Small Works ' Series....Summer
H30x30cm
H12x12ins
Acrylic on Canvas
2011
sold


looking tired!



                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment