Thursday 23 April 2015

...'Sisters'.....



photo:  ac




"I know my older sister loves me 
because she gives me all her old clothes 
and has to go out and buy new ones."


(author unknown, attributed to a 4 year old named Lauren)   
from quotegarden.com


'Sisters'
 Jo-Ann Hunt©
'The Child Within' series
 H122x92cm
H48x36ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold
'Sisters'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©
'Sisters'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©


 I once worked with a girl who was one of 14 children. (ouch!)
She had an aunt who, every Xmas, would handmake each of the 8 girls 
in the family a dress from the same pattern, and in the same fabric. 
My friend, the youngest girl, dreaded this Xmas gift  because she knew 
that she would never outgrow all those hand-me-downs, 
and that she'd be wearing versions of that dress for the next 12 years!

                                     true story!         
                                                           :)     Jo 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment