Saturday 25 April 2015

'a fair-dinkum day'....


'A Fair-Dinkum Day'
 Jo-Ann Hunt©
'The Child Within' Series
H122x40cm
H48x16ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold
I was looking for a title for this painting.

some paintings start with an idea, a title, but others take on an identity

once they're completed.

with the 100th Anniversary of Anzac Day fast approaching,

I was feeling quite patriotic. the words 'fair dinkum' kept popping up.

it was a phrase my father used a lot...it's kind of old-fashioned now ,

but I still hear it occasionally, especially away from the 'burbs'.

and every so often I've even been known to use it myself!

so this little lad became part of a fair-dinkum day,

and a fair-dinkum legend....the Anzacs!

'5000 Poppies Project'
 Federation Square, Melbourne
 photo: 'ohmygoodness ' Facebook


crochet poppies
4.30 am Anzac Day
 Fed Sq staff rolling up the wet poppies to move them inside out of the rain
photos: ac
(thankyou my lovely daughter :)
on her way to the Shrine of Remembrance Dawn Service)


Anzac Day ....100 years....25 April  2015



'A Fair Dinkum Day'
 detail
 Jo-Ann Hunt©

(update ... this little nipper went to a  new home at the Canterbury Art Show 01-03 May 2015...
 hello and thankyou ! fair-dinkum I'd love a pic of where he ends up! ..and thanks again :) 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment