Friday 10 June 2011

The Olive Basket





I love olives!

in the yard at my studio I have an olive tree.

its bounty has been a little irregular over the past three years, but with the rain we've enjoyed these past months this tree is so laden with olives it's branches are almost touching the ground.

 last season I tried the 'salt' method....unsuccessfully I might add....so now, as these change colour and turn that beautiful purply-black,  I 'm looking forward to experimenting with a different technique to bottle these beauties.

 Any ideas anyone?







The Old Olive Grove
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt






The Old Olive Grove
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush' Series
H122x137cm
H48x54ins
Acrylic on Canvas
2006
sold



....I'm told it's easy, but everyone seems to use a different method and different recipe!




The Olive Basket
Jo-Ann Hunt
detail





The Olive Basket
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush'
H122x122cm
H48x48ins
Acrylic on Canvas
2010
sold
 





if you have a foolproof technique....and it doesn't fool me....I'll give you some!



                                                                                     Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment