Monday 25 June 2012

Blogger is trying...




beach hazards are nothing compared to the hazards of blogging..
or....'Oh woe is me' ...part 2 







.....so I log on to Blogger.

yep...Blogger lets me sign in , but won't open the page so I can write a post.

now I'm not a Tech-Head, nor am I very internet-savvy.... 
(I had you fooled, didn't I ) 
so when I strike a problem with my computering,
 I do what all die-hard luddites do.... 


I beg for help from the offspring....I whinge, I whine....

but they don't blog, so once again I'm on my own  
and I resort to my usual solution.....avoid the computer for as long as possible  
and hope it will sort itself out.





the tides going out on my blogging dreams


a week passes and I muster the courage to have another go, to try something else.

so I download Opera .

yay! that works .....Blogger will let me sign in with Opera , but not Internet Explorer.

okay, if that's the solution, I can work with it.

so I write a post, excellent...... but now it won't let me upload any photos!

now this is an 'Art -blog.'

I need photos.


I need photos because I am such a darn-slow typist  and I don't like to write much...it takes too long to type.

in disgust  I turn the wretched thing off.    I want my life back.


 I head for bed.




zigging and zagging on the path to nowhere




another couple of weeks pass.

every now and then I try wistfully, longingly, to get 'it' to work.

finally son suggests that if Internet Explorer won't work, and Opera won't work, that I try Google Chrome.

so I download Chrome, but 'it' wants to use Picasa...who am I to argue?...so I download Picasa...and that means I now have to learn to find where my photos are hiding, and how to crop them , resize them, upload them and why is it all so hard?


 I head back to bed.




the calm before the storm?









more weeks follow , and here we are.
first tentative steps back into blogdom , with a computer chockablock,
 crammed full with every browser invented, 
and photos floating in cyberspace, and being bullied with pop-ups demanding that I agree to post my photos to insecure sites.....help!





 If you are reading this, then I've succeeded,

if not....sorry.....but I've gone where all exhausted ex-bloggers go, 


I've gone back to bed!




fabulous signage at Williamstown Beach,
and I'm off and running! Fingers crossed!








                                                                             Jo  x






ps:  all photos of Williamstown and surrounds taken on the most amazing, still, sunny,  autumn afternoon...31may...
      it was just gobsmackingly beautiful and such a 'good-to-be-alive' day.....
              ....despite being blogger-bereft!










.

No comments:

Post a Comment