Saturday 23 June 2012

Telstra is tryng....






Williamstown, Victoria 


If you feel as if this blog has been blown out of the water, it's not because I haven't been trying.

in fact it's Telstra that's been trying....very trying.

my Telstra Cable internet was so..o..o..o  slo..o..o..w.

it was so slow it would just stop, fade, disappear.

I couldn't Google the problem because I couldn't even open Internet Explorer ,

 my computer could not detect any internet connection...none!

and I pay Big Money to Mr Telstra every month for Top-Dollar Cable!

not happy!


like a swan,
all calm on the surface but hell breaking loose down below




I complained to my daughter.  I complained to my son.

I complained very loudly to Telstra.

they told me to turn the computer off.

they told me to turn it on.


to unplug the modem


to plug in the modem.


to move the furniture.

finally they sent a technician.

the technician looked all of 15 years old and said there was nothing wrong....

you see it worked fine for him when he plugged

directly into the modem in a different room

with his fancy new laptop and his fancy codes

 and a fancy yellow cord.

but of course as soon as he left I was back to zilch.....

and fading.



so what's the catch?



so again I complained to my daughter.  Again I complained to my son.


that was as effective as a teaspoon of water in the Nullabor.

so I did what all cowardly techno-phobes do... I avoided the problem...

pretend it doesn't exist.....if I waited long enough surely it would just fix itself.

nope!

so another anguished call to Telsta Tech-Help and wait for it....

 I struck gold....I scored a female on the line....

probably sitting in sunny Manila or Mumbai.....hallelujah!

with a couple of tweaks she changed my 'channel'

and my Telstra cable speeds are back to where they were 6 months ago!
                                     
So...you'd think that that would be the end of it! ....

no such luck!



help! help....I need help!
(view from Point Gellibrand Park, Williamstown)




                             to be continued.....

                                                                   Jo    x





.

No comments:

Post a Comment