Friday 21 June 2013

'summer's children'....in progress




work in progress ...'Summer's Children'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©


I love the unfinished, 'barely there' look to this little fellow.

sometimes my paintings surprize me....he just appeared.....

....with the minimum of brush strokes.

I didn't want to overwork or over-detail him.

I liked his expression....it's extremely difficult for me to know

when to stop, when to stop fiddling!

this is how he ended up.....


'Summer's Children'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©



 he will be heading to an exhibition next week..... but more on that soon.

I think I did well to leave him as he is.... what do you think?


 and as I headed on to the verandah of my studio to varnish,

I was surprised to see these 'contrails'  streaking across the blue.

we are enjoying the most exquisite calm, still , clear winter days,

and the airwaves of Melbourne were discussing these....

....the conspiracy-theorists  agog with the thought

that the government was messing with the environment again!
                          




Contrails ...(short for "condensation trails") or vapor trails are long thin artificial (man-made) clouds that sometimes form behind aircraft. Their formation is most often triggered by the water vapor in the exhaust of aircraft engines...from Wikipedia


....heart-stoppingly beautiful blue skies.....how lucky are we!


                                  Jo x 







.





No comments:

Post a Comment