Sunday 2 June 2013

'Team Red' and 'The Dream Team'



after the rain......


Today marks the first day of winter, and it arrived

last night with a massive deluge of rain....even smashing records

for 'most rain in one day'







my studio sprang a leak but luckily none of my canvases were affected.

I'm hoping it won't happen again....I just think the storm water drains

were overloaded and water couldn't escape down into the system.

....all that rain led to these little beauties..... toxic....poisonous.....but they

 remind me of my childhood.....the fairies always sat on

or lived under spotted-toadstools in my Fairy-Tale books!






I didn't think they really existed...but these are near my studio..... it's funny

what memories and images stay with you....






and for no other reason except that red seems to be the colour for today.....

two paintings from a year or so ago....and right where I'm standing

is now a trifle soggy....        :(

'Team Red' (on the left)  and 'The Dream Team' (right)......




left side... 'Team Red'
Jo-Ann Hunt©
'The Child Within-Summer' series
H122x92cm
H48x36cm
Acrylic on Canvas
sold

..... have always loved red....for me it's a 'feel-good' colour.....

and everyone knows 'red-anything always goes faster' !!



                             Jo    :)


detail
'The Dream Team'
Jo-Ann Hunt©
H102x102cm
H40x40ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold







.

No comments:

Post a Comment