Sunday 10 May 2015

possum ears and noses....

possum tenants!


The possums have been very insistent these last 4 months that I must
wake up every night between 3 and 5.30am to enjoy their galloping
across my tin roof.

A call to Pete the Possum-Man last November led to a one-way gate
being installed so the little critters living in my roof could leave and
not get back in.

Well that was the theory!

Installing a video camera finally revealed that, as I had insisted,
they had indeed managed to outsmart the one-way door
by squeee--eee--eezing in and out a new hole just above it.

To cut a long story short..... they are out, but still defiantly banging
and crashing at night at the old spot attempting to get back in.

Now I live across the road from a park with lots of trees, and 200mtrs
 from a HUGE golf-course and bush park with thousands of tall trees.

For goodness sake guys, give me a break! Get back  to nature!

Victorian Ringtail Possum


This gorgeous creature was so put out she / he? sauntered
across the window sill beside our tv, probably eyeing off
a spot to curl up on the couch!
I couldn't resist a photo....before I shooed her into the neighbours!

It was only when checking these shots I realised the similarity
between her and my paintings!

gorgeous! but noisy!
Ringtail Possum

Check out those gorgeous bumpy pink ears, huge liquid eyes
and that wet pink nose!  Oh, and sort of round, stumpy toes!

'Summer Freedom' no 1
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©

work in progress
detail
 Jo-Ann Hunt©




And I've had my first full night's sleep in months....all the more energy
to launch into the studio and finish work for next week's Exhibition!
Onward!!

                                                      Jo  :)

( and I'm wondering if any members of my roof-squatting possum family
are the ones I rescued way back here .... humph!!   )

Western Pygmy Possum

This photo popped up in my Newsfeed on Fb...
apparently this little cutie native to Western Australia
is one of the largest species of Pygmy Possum in the world...
and it's only the size of a mouse!
wonder how many housewives have an opinion on this little guy!
photo via 'Australian Geographic'
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment