Monday 25 May 2015

...worms, anyone?....


miss Hop-a-long


I've been adopted by two young female magpies.
they know where to find me, sitting inside in the early morning sun,
reading the newspaper.

they're very insistent, bobbing their heads up and down at the window,
pacing back and forth on the deck, telling me they're ready
and waiting for their breakfast.

one has a gammy leg...we call her "Hop-A-long"...and they both are fearless
and take food from our fingers.
What I find astonishing is that they just bowled up one morning
and they trained me to feed them.....

...and I thought we were the smarter animals in the food chain!



love the slogan on the back door...'have worms will travel' !
...and how's this for a career path! the ingenuity of small-business never ceases to amaze me!

...wouldn't it be great  if  this delivery truck did home deliveries!
might have some very enthusiastic dinner guests!

Mordialloc Creek, Victoria




.......and I wonder if my two young lady-magpies are related to this rescued maggie?


                                               Jo   :)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment