Sunday 10 April 2011

Above the Shop


Studio Door
I'll paint this one day!
I'm thinking a rich dark aubergine purple!







My studio is a light and bright space five minutes from my home.
two rooms and a bathroom above a shop, with a large front window looking down onto a tram line.



Inside it's so much brighter than it looks!
Just pure natural daylight pouring in...




I can hear the laughter and boisterous noise of the teenagers as they call to their friends on their way home from school,


so I don't need a clock to know that the afternoon is flying past and I need to keep moving and not waste a minute.


it is my private retreat, my haven,
with cafes, patisseries and the bustling, hustling noise of traffic, fire trucks, buses and trams just outside the glass to add both distraction and stimulation.



view from Room 2
 this is where I paint....
lots of distractions...



and if I feel the need to stretch my legs and get those blood corpuscles moving, a beautiful natural park with the tallest of gumtrees, a creek, and a huge array of native birds....kookaburras, parrots, lorikeets and cockatoos....is across the road.






sounds too good to be true?


well , yep, it's real.


For me it's like a  'cubby-hole',
somewhere precious and safe and inviting and full of wonder....



view of rooftops from Room 1
another huge window!

and I can't wait to get there every day.



I feel so fortunate to have found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment