Thursday 28 April 2011

From 'Vision' to Canvas...

My painting process begins with assembling all sorts of visual ideas.



often I know what 'look' I want for the painting....
if it's to be abstracted, intimate, detailed, monochromatic, bold, calming....etc



then I start 'to gather'....
like a Satin Bower Bird ....
collecting all sorts of 'stuff' to inspire me, to flesh out my ideas.
I love this part! 



visual stimuli, visual inspiration, visual 'stuff'.
stuff such as photos....


  



and sketches from my sketchbooks.







 then I do some more sketches of the details...











for the overall composition, I may do a series of rough....VERY rough.... thumbnails....





then I mess around with some colour schemes....'mess' being the operative word here!









then.... 'prep' over....

I just dive right in....







'The Trattoria'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt




'The Trattoria'
Jo-ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush' Series
H102x102cm
H40x40ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold




 before the 'vision' evaporates!








for more on the fabulous Bower Bird,  just click here..... with Sir David.....

and here, for some funny, very determined 'pilfering' in the Top End.




enjoy.....


Jo  x









No comments:

Post a Comment