Tuesday 13 September 2011

the Essence of Place

.




 
The Lobster Pot
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt


 

Many of the art-lovers that choose my paintings tell me that my art reminds them of time spent in far-flung places around the globe.....


.....Sicily, the Cinque Terra, Positano, Portugal, Greece and Dubrovnik....you name it, my paintings are reminiscent of their special place.


and the very same painting may stir up  memories  of a very different place to someone else!


people often tell me they are surprized at the depth and suddenness of their response to these imagined , amalgamated places of mine.


but I know that it's the 'essence of place' that they relate to.


 ....the 'essence' of times happily spent.





The Lobster Pot
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt




I too am amazed , and always delighted, at the reactions and emotions my paintings evoke.


...at the smiles, the jiggles in the body language, the relaxing of the shoulders, the crinkling of the eyes.





The Lobster Pot
Jo-Ann Hunt
'Travels with my Paintbrush' Series
H122x102cm
H48x40ins
Acylic on Canvas
2009
 sold


this is the 'emotional content' of my art..........


this is the 'essence of place'!




Jo  x









.

No comments:

Post a Comment