Monday 23 June 2014

'Follow the Leader'....

'Follow the Leader'
detail
Jo-Ann Hunt©



Have you ever laughed watching a child when they first try to walk

whilst wearing flippers?

the awkwardness on land.

and witnessed the joy and surprise on their face at the propulsion

and speed that flippers give them in the water.

'Follow the Leader'
Jo-Ann Hunt©
'The Child Within....Summer' Series
H122x167cm
H48x54ins
Acrylic on Canvas
sold

my kids were taught the butterfly stroke with flippers.

I can barely do two strokes before collapsing ,

and to see pipsqueaks effortlessly propel themselves the length of the pool,

and then to do it without the help of fins.....makes a mum so proud.

......and three cheers for Australian swim instructors!!! how good are they!

these three little guys will soon be on exhibition at The Camberwell Art Show 

.....and don't you love this scene from the movie 'Mamma Mia'.....

.....I think it nails 'frog-walking' !

'Mamma Mia' movie flippers  dance



'Mamma Mia' movie flippers dance...


Update: 'Follow the Leader' Sold on Saturday! And THANKYOU! 
 I'd love to see where those little guys end up. I'm always curious to know the connection between my work and their new owners...email me a photo! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment